Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I want to be a part of it...

It’s Autumn here at the moment (I will never call it ‘Fall’), and it’s like something out of a movie. It’s quite a new thing for me to actually experience a change in the seasons other than a sudden shift in the temperature from tee-shirt to jersey. But New York is something else – far from being the concrete jungle I expected, I find that New York City is all but lined with trees, which makes the change to Autumn so pretty (and the autumnal colours that follow).

I’m currently staying in the suburb of Irvington, which is about an hour out of Grand Central Station by train. I’m staying with Ashley (my ex girlfriend now very good friend), and her family until I can get myself sorted out with a job and a place to live.

So with that in mind, I’ve decided to set myself some goals for my time here in NYC:

Find the perfect pizza. This can be broken down into two categories… Thin crust: pepperoni. Deep Dish: Pepperoni. I like pepperoni.

Be a tourist. Sure, I’ve been to Central Park and Times Square, but I have yet to see the Statue of Libery, climb the Empire State Building, or try to explain to a crazy person that they don’t have bugs crawling all over them,

Get a job. I don’t mean just working at a bar or a café or diner; I mean finding something that will get me into a social network of some kind, and maybe make some new friends.

Get an apartment. I like where I’m staying. Where I’m staying is amazing. It’s where Bajilionaires live. I have my own room, I’m close to the woods, 20 minutes away from the Sleep Hollow. But it’s not NY. I guess I want to really experience life in NYC; living in a shitty apartment eating out of 3 day old Chinese takeaway boxes and slamming on the wall at 3am telling the neighbours to shut the hell up.

It’s a nice dream.

2 comments:

  1. OI! Big Brother!
    what's your email? i haven't talked to you in ages!
    xx Sofia

    ReplyDelete